To create and design commercial graphic artwork, imagery and brand-related trims in line with Woolworths customer preference and taste level.
- Deliver to BU scorecard and group strategies
- Developing placement and allover prints
- Understand graphic trends and key shifts for upcoming season and translate into commercial proposals for Woolworths
- Manage on time delivery of the merchandise cycle
- Build partnerships with Buying, Sourcing and Technology and work in an integrated way to optimise procurement of product
- Graphic & Print Trend research, analysis and presentation to buying and design team.
- Understand our customer through store visits and competitor analysis
- Understand garment construction, fabrication, manufacturing and print terminology to ensure accurate print execution.
- Create sketches, drawings of new designs
- 2-5 years Graphic Design experience
- Relevant Graphic Design diploma/degree
- Merchant and retail ability
- Trend analysis and editing skills in line with commercial needs
- Process thinking skills
- Creativity, taste level and flair in line with the brand
- Ability to sketch
- Experience with licensed brands (advantageous)
- Understanding of printing techniques, garment construction, fabrication and manufacturing
- Passion for product / merchandise
- Computer Literacy, including Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and other relevant computer packages essential
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A