This role requires excellent business, communication, and technical skills, enabling collaboration with various functions, including economists and other finance leaders, product managers, software engineers, data scientists as well as senior leadership.
- This role will influence the direction of the business by leveraging our data to deliver insights that drive decisions and actions.
- The role will involve translating broad business problems into specific analytics projects, conducting deep quantitative analyses, communicating results effectively and building tools that speed up decision making.
- We see a high potential for influence and growth in this role as we transform our data into actionable insights to continue to fuel the growth of this business.
- The role will help the organization identify, evaluate, and evangelize new techniques and tools to continue to improve our ability to deliver value to Amazon’s customers.
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy and ever-changing environment.
- The drive and capability to shape the business group strategy is a must.
- Experience conducting large scale data analysis to support business decision making.
- Experience designing and implementing scalable ETL design and mappings, database query construction and data warehousing skills.
- Experience with business intelligence analytics, reporting, visualization tools, and methods (e.g. Tableau).
- Familiarity with AWS solutions such as EC2, DynamoDB, S3, and Redshift.
- A Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field and 1 years of experience in data engineering or business intelligence/analysis. In the alternative, a Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related discipline followed by 2 progressively responsible years of experience in data engineering or business intelligence/analysis.
- Ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or unstructured data.
- Excellent working knowledge of large data manipulation and data mining using complex SQL.
- Strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively develop and communicate clear, thoughtful, and comprehensive analyses.
- Experience working in very large data warehouse environments.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A