The ideal candidate will earn trust easily and excel analytically with proven experience in thought leadership, detailed execution, and people development. They will place particular value on developing others and promote a positive, committed and enthusiastic team culture – continuing to drive the GL reputation as a great place to work.
- Drive the long term selection, vendor, trading, cost out and category growth strategies, being a lead for the EU Floorcare OP1 and OP2 processes whilst always sharing and scaling ideas within the broader EU Kitchen and EU OHL teams;
- Be the ultimate escalation point for vendor/seller disputes, the key strategic contact for target growth vendors and a sponsor for EU Annual Negotiations – stepping in where required whilst allowing your team the room to grow and scale;
- Develop and ensure delivery of a comprehensive selection strategy that fulfils unmet customer needs, accelerates growth in key opportunity areas, delivers parity against key competitors and realises the entitlement opportunities through to the P&L;
- Align with key stakeholders and then own the EU trading strategy for the category including for deals, cost out and levels of service – ensuring delivery of OP2 commitments whilst always maintaining a “how high is high” mentality;
- Drive the development of talent in the vendor management team including regular coaching, hiring exceptional talent and creating an environment which motivates people to perform at their best.
- Drive the relationships with key partner teams, to ensure that the category goals are replicated and delivered through working across our matrix;
- University degree required, ideally in a technical or analytical discipline
- MBA with relevant business experience
- An effective communicator working with some of Amazon’s most important partners and vendors, as well as with internal colleagues and teams.
- Possesses strong analytical and numerical skills with strong experience of Excel, including Macros, V-Lookups and Pivot Tables.
- Ability to operate clearly in an ambiguous environment; strong ability to influence.
- Experience working with IT professionals, and process improvement training like Kaizen or Six Sigma will be a plus.
- Professional experience in Fast Moving Consumer Goods management.
- Must have a proven track record in taking ownership, driving results and moving with speed to implement ideas in a fast-paced online environment.
- Highly analytical, flexible, action and results oriented, self-starting, and be comfortable with computer databases and tools.
- Analytical and quantitative skills, comfortable with complex financial data
- Professional experience in retail category leadership in a fast moving, international, online environment.
- Professional experience in operations, inventory planning, demand forecasting, and/or product life cycles.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A