Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic, growing business unit within Amazon.com. Since early 2006, AWS has provided companies of all sizes with an infrastructure platform in the cloud. Using AWS, companies can requisition compute power, storage, and other services – gaining access to a global computing infrastructure that is the backbone of Amazon.com’s multi-billion dollar retail business.
- Designing and implementing the organizations compensation strategy so that outcomes meet current and future business needs and are consistent with the desired internal and external market position
- Advocating for, designing and delivering compensation plans for business groups
- Work with on a variety of projects including program design, analysis, budgeting, and implementation of new programs.
- Providing and organizing/tailoring data and feedback on business strategy, advocates for the right outcomes with focus on execution
- Document processes and build compensation playbooks.
- Understanding and contributing to annual strategy and business performance measurements and how compensation strategy supports them
- Using business knowledge to influence business management, inform and set Compensation goals for region
- Perform deep analysis on effectiveness and competitiveness of existing compensation programs and model potential impact of alternatives and future programs.
- Consult with business on job evaluations using market data and internal evaluation.
- Actively engages with senior leadership on compensation matters
- Provide guidance to the business and develop creative solutions on a variety of total compensation issues including the setting of appropriate pay levels, base pay, annual incentive pay and stock compensation.
- Partner with regional and global compensation partners on compensation issues, and work on a variety of special compensation projects as needed.
- Proficiency in Excel Macros; familiarity with SQL, Power BI, Power Pivot and Tableau experience is preferred
- Highly proficient in Excel; familiar with Peoplesoft
- Minimum of 5 years experience in finance, compensation, or consulting with an in-depth knowledge of core compensation terminology and best practices
- Strong problem solving, communication, and presentation skills. The ideal candidate will be well organized and confident to work independently but will be a strong team player
- Prior experience in a line role and consulting firm would be an advantage.
- General compensation knowledge required
- Ability to create dynamic tools and models to interpret and analyze data. Ability to connect disparate data sources and operationalize tasks. Comfortable with large data sets
- The ability to work independently, take on responsibility, and be nimble in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees within the organization
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A