The Regional WHS Manager will be responsible to lead and develop a team of WHS professionals. This individual must create and execute leadership development plans for their teams. They must communicate team expectations and provide frequent feedback, and ensure the team is executing to the core competencies of an Amazon WHS professional.
- Audit recordkeeping practices and WHS Information System entries to ensure compliance to global WHS standards and local regulations
- Perform frequent site WHS audits to identify all non-compliance equipment and/or processes at the site. Implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury at other FC’s
- Establishes high quality relationships with both site and regional leadership
- Possess a thorough understanding of local/regional/domestic regulations and company policy
- Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable Amazon WHS Policies.
- Audit the workplace organization and Associate behaviors to ensure that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and consistent
- Leads initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for our associates
- Measure region’s performance against published requirements in WHS policies. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies. Drive accountability for the plan
- Analyze WHS metrics and review incident trends to justify the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the WHS risk is highest.
- 5+ years of increasing responsibilities in EHS and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations
- Ability to develop and implement department goals and strategies.
- Certified Safety Professional
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with site leaders.
- Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
- Experience in a fast paced, dynamic organization.
- Distribution Center or Manufacturing WHS experience with mix of exempt and non-exempt employees at a site of at least 250 people
- 5+ years of increasing responsibilities in people and performance management
- A Bachelor’s Degree or 2+ years Amazon (blue badge/FTE) experience
- Master’s degree
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wixom, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A