As a Software Engineer you will work with your manager to lay out and own the architectural vision and engineering leadership for a team of highly skilled software engineers in the voice translation and language learning space. Engineers at Amazon are thought leaders and force multipliers who help develop and enhance the talent around them.
- Interface with our internal customers to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress.
- Help develop long-term technical and business strategies in the translation and language learning space.
- Take on hard, ambiguous problems and articulate solutions that will be able to serve broader Amazon.
- Act as a builder and design, and develop world class, scalable distributed systems.
- Multilingual (any language other than English)
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Experience working on an engineering team using Agile processes (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Bachelor’s degree (Graduate degree is a plus) in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, related technical discipline
- Experience working pragmatically under deadlines with operational software
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Preferred experience on a UNIX or Linux platform
- Experience with Test Driven Development or writing unit tests
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Mobile development experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pittsburgh, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A