We build the technologies and services that enable manual and automated sortation, containerization, loading, and unloading processes across Amazon’s worldwide transportation network, including Fulfillment Centers, Inbound Receive Centers, Sort Centers, Amazon Air Gateways and Delivery Stations.
- Plan and propose innovative solutions for a wide variety of product design challenges including, but not limited to: mobile, responsive web, and person-to-person interactions.
- Quickly iterate on multiple interactive design solutions and work through details.
- Deliver work that’s user-friendly, aesthetically engaging, and also produces results.
- Advocate for your design solutions by putting them in context the inputs that influenced the design decisions including business and user goals, demographic and usage data, and research findings.
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications.
- Lead the design for wholly new experiences and improvements of existing experiences while planning and defining strategy for the direction of future iterations.
- Contribute to the group’s shared knowledge of user-centered design and research methodologies.
- Assess and optimize the performance of new and existing features by actively participating in user research and assessing performance metrics.
- Work alongside engineers and product managers throughout all stages of the production cycle.
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mock-ups, interaction flows, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Present design work to multiple teams and senior leadership for review and feedback.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and storytelling skills.
- Ability to work in a startup environment.
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- An available online portfolio
- Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, user interviews, contextual inquiry) is a strong plus.
- Experience designing and shipping products for mobile and desktop.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), a related field, or 4+ years of additional experience.
- Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs.
- 3+ years of design experience
- Experience in a highly agile/scrum environment.
- Experience with a variety of design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, Axure, and Keynote.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bellevue, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A