Under the direction of the Manager of Equipment Engineering, the Electromechanical Technician 4 provides technical support to equipment engineers for the improvement, installation, validation and transfer of replicate custom automated equipment used in the scale-up of manufacturing for existing or new Dexcom products.
- Performs operational test and fault isolation on automated systems and equipment.
- Ability to perform equipment activities in equipment development under supervision of the project engineer. Activities including assembly and testing of equipment, fixtures, processes and/or electronics, completing engineering studies and validations.
- Perform all assigned tasks with appropriate safety requirements.
- Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout and trouble-shooting functions.
- This position assumes and performs other duties as assigned.
- Analyze and record test results, an prepare written documentation
- Test performance of electro-mechanical assemblies, using test equipment
- Operate, test, or maintain robotic equipment and vision systems.
- Update equipment related documentations (manuals, drawings, and specifications) as needed.
- Follow Dexcom’s Safety and Lock Out/Tag out (LOTO) program.
- Able to use Hand and Power tools, Multimeters, Amp Meters, Manufacture test equipment, Calipers.
- Proven ability to work hands-on in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and personal interaction skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical documents related to equipment specifications
- Technical writing skills as applied to manufacturing documentation and process development – Experienced in the creation and revision of technical documentation.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors, engineers and managers
- Knowledge of high reliability, high volume manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8-10 years of related experience and
- Ability to write routine reports, pass downs and correspondence
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Penang, Penang, Malaysia
Application Deadline: N/A