Lead and participate in projects to holistically align, improve, and transform the value-stream of multiple products across one or more sites using a combination of core industrial engineering, project management, and influencing and structured problem solving (A3, Lean Six Sigma, DMAIC, PDCA, 8D, SPS) skills. The value-stream may include suppliers, transportation, receiving, warehousing, and shipping.
- Partner with industrial engineering peers and subject matter experts to conduct Engineering Economic Analysis, Process Mapping, Root Cause
- Analysis, Statistical Methods, Six Sigma, Time Studies, Waste Elimination, and Work Sampling, Capacity Planning, and other industrial engineering activities.
- Work with multiple organizations to improve the agility of our FDA-regulated quality management system
- Benchmark systems against world-class industry leaders.
- Work with senior leaders across multiple departments to develop our employee-centric continuous improvement system to drive change and foster a culture of continuous improvement based on Lean Six Sigma, Theory of Constraints, Industry 4.0 and other bodies of knowledge.
- Create simulations to assist with production planning, prioritization, and scenario planning experiments.
- Partner with data scientists and automation engineers to implement industry 4.0 tools including advanced machine learning, simulation, production system sensors / Industrial internet of things (IIoT), and business intelligence dashboards. Use tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, and Python, and Arduino microcontrollers.
- Experience in Project management, structured problem solving (DMAIC, A3, etc), data analysis, and simulation
- Applies basic technical understanding with the knowledge to develop process and design experiments.
- Willingness to get hand dirty and build kits, workstations, shadowboxes, and fixtures
- Possesses theoretical knowledge but is learning the industry and requirements of applied science.
- Experience with presenting and influencing across multiple departments
- Understands organizational and functional processes and policies.
- Experience applying industrial engineering tools as defined in the IISE Body of Knowledge
- Ability to write code with Excel, VBA, Python or other programming languages
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A