The Lead SEC Reporting and Technical Accountant will be a key participant on the SEC Reporting team with responsibilities for the preparation and filing of external reports mandated by U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations, technical accounting, support of quarterly reviews and annual audit process.
- Assist in the implementation of new accounting pronouncements.
- Assist with XBRL tagging and review.
- Prepare disclosure checklists related to SEC filings.
- Support the preparation and review of SEC financial reporting documents (to include but not limited to Forms 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K, Proxy and press releases), as needed.
- Assist in the accounting close, consolidation and reporting process.
- Work cross-functionally with finance and operational personnel to understand business transactions in order to properly disclose within SEC filings.
- Prepare or review supporting information used to compile financial statements, notes and MD&A. Prepare tie outs of SEC filings.
- Research technical accounting issues and write memos on treatment of accounting transactions.
- Monitor activity of the FASB, SEC and other bodies to identify the potential impact of new accounting and reporting guidance.
- Assist in ensuring consistent disclosure between releases, earnings scripts and SEC filings.
- Perform SOX controls on assigned areas of responsibility.
- CPA license
- Ability to work within a team and independently.
- Internally motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas and develop new skills.
- Experience with Oracle R12 and Financial Consolidation and Close Cloud system (FCC) a plus.
- Excellent communication, reasoning, interpersonal and organizational skills, and superior attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge in accounting software and Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel.
- Experience with the preparation or review of SEC filings (10-K, 10-Q).
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting, 5-8 years related experience, public accounting experience required.
- Biotech/medtech/pharmaceutical/life sciences industry experience a plus.
- Flexibility to adhere to tight close and reporting schedules.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A