The Sr Medical Device Engineer in Sensor Engineering will join the Dexcom Research and Development organization to lead efforts to investigate novel reagent coating methods for biosensors and development of coating processes for commercialized products.
- Develops requirements and specifications for coating/drying equipment and works with internal/ external vendors to procure said equipment.
- Identifies and characterizes critical coating parameters to provide input into assessing sensor performance and building correlations between sensor manufacture and in vivo and in vitro performance.
- Leads technical interactions, planning, design, and execution of experiments and coating campaigns within project teams to meet sensor performance requirements
- Leads scale up of coating equipment for pilot/production settings, including generation of relevant SOPs and validation documents (IQ/OQ/PQ, etc.)
- Identifies, evaluates, and participates in the down-selection of coating technologies for novel biosensor applications
- Provides input for formulation development suitable for specific coating technologies
- Experience with process development, experimental design, DOE techniques, statistics, data analysis methods and software (JMP or MATLAB preferred)
- Experience in the biotech, pharmaceutical, or medical device industries
- Technical knowledge of precision coating and drying technologies (e.g., jet valve dispense, printing, slot-die, gravure,…)
- 2+ years of R&D or process development experience in precision coating applications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Chemistry, or related field.
- Prior work experience under regulatory-body oversight, such as FDA/BSI/EPA/NHTSA/FAA
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information through presentations and technical documentation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A