The Sr. Medical Science Manager position will be a key clinical/medical position to support the Canadian business. This role is a new role to Dexcom Canada offering an opportunity to formulate, build and execute on the medical & accredited education, key-opinion leader, medical communications and evidence planning strategies to support the business needs and expand the use of rtCGM as standard of care in Canada.
- Owner of medical & clinical advocacy and medical education plan and leading and execution of the Canadian KOL identification and strategic plan in conjunction with the commercial clinical and payer teams. This will include both independent and accredited medical education.
- Cross-functional publication planning for emerging clinical evidence and medical communication pull through in the Canadian market.
- Planning and execution of clinical/scientific Advisory Forums, conference podium strategy, planning and execution for Canada and integration of global education plan into Canada based on the regional needs and priorities.
- Support Canadian Commercial Team in off-label discussions posed by HCPs.
- Establish and execute the Medical Science and KOL advocacy initiatives to support Canadian business strategy, CGM awareness and establishment as Canadian standard of care for glucose monitoring and assessment.
- Develop and execute medical and accredited education and communication strategies for payers, HCPs and healthcare trends to support Canadian initiatives.
- Manages & executes scientific clinical and value exchange and content for the category of CGM with key opinion leaders within the clinical and payer arena. Must be able to speak to both the clinical evidence and value proposition/economic value of CGM.
- Engage in scientific, medical evidence discussions about current and pipeline products with healthcare decision-makers and KOLs. Regional, National Speaker & Dexcom clinical expert in the category of rtCGM and its evidence.
- Highly collaborative and desire to reach across the organization to understand needs and how to meet those needs, both in the medical/clinical and commercial business channels.
- Strong understanding of diabetes across the lifespan and category of CGM as well the compliant execution of accredited and non-accredited medical education in Canada.
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment with the need to manage constant change and prioritize projects and deliverables.
- Ability to understand the need of a business and how medical and clinical initiatives can be applied to meet goals and objectives of the company.
- Track record of project management skills and expertise across medium to large-scale projects.
- Results-oriented, self-disciplined, fast-paced, motivated individual that requires minimal supervision and able to multitask several projects at one time.
- Strong communication skills (oral/written) to include strong presentation skills, including ability to communicate in small and large settings and effectively facilitate both live and virtual scientific exchange.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity – ready to change gears and plans quickly.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canada
Application Deadline: N/A