Website Xcel Energy
Provide overall management and direction in the areas of accounting and financial reporting (internal and external), with primary focus on internal accounting operations. Provide leadership in the interpretation of accounting information from the Natural Chart of Accounts to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commissions’ Uniform System of Accounts.
- Provide education, training, and support to business area related to accounting policies. Ensure pertinent accounting policies and procedures are implemented and applied. Coordinate the implementation of new accounting requirements.
- Ensure the timely and accurate accounting close each month using the General Ledger system and confirming appropriate pass-through to the regulatory ledger. Oversee development, refinement, and oversight of accounting policies, procedures and standards.
- Provide proactive analysis and support to Operations and Finance. Develop and maintain relationships with Operations and Finance.
- Attract, recruit, and retain highly trained and motivated staff. Establish and communicate clear performance expectations.
- Assist and direct staff in preparation of various mandatory external financial reports of the Company to FERC, state regulators and shareholders and others.
- Ensure compliance with various reporting and accounting requirements for such reports. Provide support to external auditors as necessary.
- Development and maintenance of standard recurring journal entries. Prepare and review month-end account reconciliations accurately and timely.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent.
- Oral and written communication skills are critical.
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and FERC regulatory accounting requirements.
- MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience in various job-related areas such as accounting, financial analysis, reporting, budgeting, and business and strategic planning.
- This position requires the ability to effectively use computer financial systems, Microsoft Office Suite, demonstrated planning, analytical, problem solving skills and ability to work extended hours.
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Denver, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A