Website Xcel Energy
The IT Engineer is responsible to contribute to technical aspects of IT solution delivery, strategic planning, and operational excellence. They are responsible for managing the overall health of the technology ecosystem, and will manage and implement solutions that meet business needs, and support the overall IT Strategy.
- Operations: Review solution performance, and continually assess health of systems. Track and drive awareness to operational and technical debt risks.
- Provide escalated support to incident and problem management. Utilize analytics to improve availability, reliability, efficiency and capacity. Oversee vendor activities.
- Relationship Management: Conduct peer reviews and approve system changes and technical solution design. Coach and mentor less experience team members.
- Partner cross-organizationally to drive minimal costs on optimal solutions. Provide in-depth technical information to stakeholders as needed.
- Solution Delivery: Lead and support solution lifecycle technical activities. Ensure solutions are designed for great user experience and operational performance.
- Lead design, ensuring Enterprise Architecture, Security, Operations and Compliance aspects are continuously integrated into solutions. Provide input to cost and schedule estimation.
- Responsible for overall integrity of system design and operation. Oversee vendor activities.
- Subject Matter Expertise: Continuously stay current on, and apply, technical industry knowledge pertaining to the respective domain.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Science, Business or related field.
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, an equivalent combination of education, and experience is also acceptable: Associate’s Degree AND 10+ years of experience, or High School Diploma/GED AND 13+ years of experience.
- Seven years of related functional experience.
- Excellent Relationship Management and collaboration skills, with a track record of working as one team cross-organizationally to drive innovation and business results.
- Deep Subject Matter Expertise within the respective system domain products, platforms, processes and architecture.
- Broad general knowledge of technology architecture, infrastructure, network, security and software principles and models.
- Experience managing the lifecycle of technical solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, effective with varying organizational levels and skill set, and able to translate between technical and non-technical concepts.
- Proven analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience working in partnership with internal and external vendors.
- Extensive knowledge of future technology trends within area of expertise.
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Monticello, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A