Website Xcel Energy
Perform and coordinate the development, tracking, reporting and analysis of financial information, including financial reporting, budget creation, and financial analysis. Provide proactive, clear and actionable recommendations and alternatives to management. Document key processes and internal control points for reporting to management. Direct activities of other analysts as appropriate.
- Perform ongoing tracking, analysis and revisions as required for supported areas of O&M and capital costs. Work with Business Area leaders to provide projections of the impact of deviations on the financial outlook for the remainder of the year. Prepare internal and external reports, and identify and resolve moderate to complex data issues.
- Analyze financial data to identify adverse trends and recommend solutions to mitigate financial impact. Effectively communicate results through concise oral and written communications.
- Provide financial analysis and support to management for the annual budget process, as well as modeling, analysis and financial support for current year and five year forecasting.
- Performs and assists with special projects as assigned.
- Document key processes of supported areas to ensure consistency and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. Provide proactive process improvement recommendations and assist in implementing the accepted solutions.
- Prepare rate case information and analysis as required to support submission. Assist in performing regulatory support for requests or associated schedules.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office applications required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related business degree or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- CPA, CMA or MBA preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in analysis, problem solving, customer service, and relationship building desired.
- Minimum four years experience in general financial accounting or analysis.
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A