Website Xcel Energy
Standard Operations Position. Supervise a high performing operations team while driving the safe, efficient and cost-effective use of resources according to policies and procedures. Assure safe, reliable, and compliant operations and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Relationship Management: Build and maintain effective internal and external relationships. Be knowledgeable of necessary systems and resources to assist employees, other work groups, and/or customers and stakeholders.
- Enable crews to provide solutions to issues and improve customer/stakeholder satisfaction.
- Safety: Provide visible safety leadership and drive real time safety accountability by engaging employees/crew through safety meeting facilitation, job briefs, audits, training, accident investigation/event assessment, and job site observations.
- Work in close partnership with Safety Consultant.
- Business Optimization & Strategy: Evaluate team performance based on operational efficiency, reliability and quality metrics; monitor trends, and take corrective action where appropriate.
- Ensure and reinforce the importance of process adherence and data integrity. Identify continuous improvement opportunities and drive adoption of process changes through effective communication of expectations and objectives.
- Talent Management: Recruit talented employees, establish clear performance expectations and effectively manage performance. Provide training, coaching and oversight and drive employee engagement.
- Provide input and leadership in addressing bargaining unit issues, grievances, corrective actions, and future development.
- Operational Effectiveness: Responsible for crew productivity and quality of execution. Maintain a consistent presence in the work environment.
- Assist in removing barriers with pre-requisites, materials, stakeholder, and other issues. Align crew skills and availability to work activities through coordinators, planners, and schedulers, prioritizing customer satisfaction and reliability.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in specific functional area standards, procedures, and applicable government/environmental regulations.
- Effective change leader with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate company/business area strategies and objectives to various stakeholders.
- Proven results at achieving performance and operational metrics and driving process adherence.
- Operational knowledge of work and asset management and analytical/reporting applications.
- Associates or technical degree preferred.
- Three or more years in design, construction, operations, engineering or maintenance of utility systems/power generation plants or related industries/fields.
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Maple Grove, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A