Website Xcel Energy
Conduct multiple, medium-to-large, critical projects and programs to ensure compliance with federal, state and local safety and health statutes and regulations. Responsible to recognize, monitor and make recommendations to ensure workplace safety hazards are corrected through audits, ergonomic assessments and interventions ensuring compliance with OSHA and other regulatory agencies rules.
- Develop training lesson plan content and provide regulatory compliance training to personnel for new hire safety orientations and annual OSHA required training.
- Supports the prequalification and compliance audit process in the Contractor Safety Program
- Provides administrative and field oversight to contractors working at Xcel Energy.
- Maintain professional expertise. Attend professional development conferences/seminars and maintain professional certifications. Participate on internal or external task force committees related to new regulatory compliance or continuous improvement in safety. Maintains a working knowledge of current safety regulations and serves as a resource to management and employees on interpretation and compliance.
- Conduct focused work site and crew observations to identify safety excellence and hazards. Provide annual safety audits and focused self-assessments to measure and evaluate hazard controls and hazard control programs and deliver feedback to business unit management on their level of regulatory compliance.
- Will function as a consultant to local safety committees, employees and management. Will assist in program development and direction and be responsible to audit the results.
- Monitor and interpret federal, state, and local safety and health rules and regulations which impact the business units and recommend compliance options in conjunction with safety policies and programs.
- Certified Safety Professional designation (BCSP) preferred.
- Three years of work experience within the safety field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene or related discipline or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge required.
- Recognized safety certification required.
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Denver, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A