Website Xcel Energy
The purpose of this position is to accurately understand, account for and report all ISO/RTO transactions (sales/purchases, ancillary services, etc.) for the power marketing business. Responsibilities include a) shadow settlements using the respective ISO data to reconcile to internal data, b) analysis of energy, revenue, LMP, congestions, losses.
- Maintain detailed supporting documentation of ISO activity. Provide analysis of ISO activity to front office traders and management to enhance the Company’s bidding strategies.
- Download and review the daily ISO settlement files and reconcile transmission, energy and pricing to the Xcel Energy transaction system.
- Research discrepancies and resolve differences to complete the checkout process. Work with the front office to resolve scheduling and settlement issues.
- Complete monthly general ledger journal entries, analyze results for correctness and provide the supporting detail reports to the appropriate departments. Maintain files and work papers for audit purposes.
- Reconcile ISO invoices, research discrepancies and resolve differences with the various ISOs. Prepare and process requests for payment with appropriate approval authority. Must meet invoicing deadlines and payment processing deadlines while maintaining accuracy.
- Assist in the development of new settlement systems, processes and controls
- Reconcile applicable general ledger accounts and provide detailed analysis of account activity to management.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite
- Workflow Automation (RPA, Alteryx) experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance (3 years experience in Transmission Accounting, ISO or an energy trading environment may substitute for the degree)
- Energy industry experience.
- Experience with SQL.
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Denver, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A