Website Xcel Energy
Perform general accounting processes to ensure accurate and timely accounting close cycles and the development of subsequent internal and external financial statements and reports, including entries, analysis and reconciliation of accounting ledgers and other accounts and preparation of inter-company billings, property valuations, required regulatory reporting forms and tax filings.
- Collect and analyze a variety of complex financial data in order to perform some or all of the following accounting processes: reconcile assigned accounts, analyze financial data and prepare complex accounting ledger entries, prepare reports, settle inter-company receivables and payables, and prepare property valuations.
- Select methods and techniques to analyze financial data to identify adverse trends and recommend solutions to mitigate financial impact.
- Participate in and support accurate month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting close cycles and development of subsequent internal and external financial statements, required regulatory reporting forms and tax filings. May assume a lead role, responsible for the accurate and timely analysis and reporting of various business cycles.
- Participate in or lead special projects as assigned. Projects may include, but are not limited to testing system upgrades or enhancements, rate case support, conducting financial analysis and developing ad hoc reports and process improvement initiatives.
- Provide timely and accurate assistance and consultation to clients within supported business area, including, but not limited to interpretation of account codes or financial reports, providing project status reports, and work order resolution.
- Prepare presentations, statistical reports, schedules and other information on operating results for management and outside parties. Consult with co-workers, clients and management on technical accounting or system-related matters.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply GAAP.
- Knowledge of and experience working with SAP highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related business degree or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Minimum four years general financial accounting and reporting experience, with an emphasis on complex accounting issues, processes and multiple company accounting.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business and legal principles, analytical and communication skills.
- CPA or CMA certification preferred and may be required for some positions.
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Denver, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A