Website Xcel Energy
Xcel Energy is hiring a BWR core design engineer to be based out of Minneapolis. The primary responsibility of this position is fuel assembly design and core design. Additional duties may include core follow, safety analysis, analytical methods, and supporting plant modifications.
- May be involved with area teams to determine opportunities and set action plans. Participate in planning, engineering and operational study teams or committees.
- Develop or provide input to work schedules. Prepare estimates for specific projects or sections of projects; may analyze reliability, system or program deficiencies. Effectively use work management tools and perform engineering related assignments to support site and fleet goals.
- Complete miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Attend departmental and or plant meetings and industry/fleet activities. Training associated with this level will include skill development to achieve higher levels.
- Work with increasingly less supervision; receive specific and detailed instructions as to required tasks and results expected and using prescribed methods, perform specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
- Apply standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjust and correlate data, recognize discrepancies in results, and follow operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes.
- May be required assume emergency response duties and live within 30 or 60 minutes from the nuclear generation station.
- Required to maintain nuclear “fitness for duty” during off hours if on call or designated emergency response duty.
- Incumbents must demonstrate satisfactory performance and progress in learning the skills and competencies to be an engineer in the nuclear utility business.
- 0-2 years of experience. Ability to obtain and maintain qualifications for unescorted access to Xcel Energy’s nuclear power plants is an essential requirement of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related technical field from an ABET accredited college or university.
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A