Website Xcel Energy
Transmission planning involves formulating strategies to develop and improve the transmission system to support anticipated load growth and resource requirements. As part of the planning process, alternatives are evaluated to efficiently utilize the transmission system based on a best-cost basis considering short and long-term system needs, while balancing societal and environmental concerns, as well operational and maintenance requirements.
- Largely self-directed work is expected to result in the development of new or improved techniques, procedures and standards.
- Supports the development of technical documentation (including but not limited to designs, testing, calculations, reports, standards, etc.)
- Applies extensive technical expertise and has an understanding of the basic principals of other related disciplines.
- Fully demonstrates the unique technical skills and core competencies for this engineering level by applying technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques to lead projects of moderate to large size, scope and complexity.
- Coordinates/leads multiple projects or portions of projects (including phases such as research, design, equipment selection, procurement, installation and commissioning).
- May lead more critical projects with oversight of a higher level engineer or supervisor.
- Represents the organization as the prime technical contact in the bid/evaluation processes including preparation of bid documents, completion of technical evaluations for proposals and providing recommendations for selection.
- Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination with internal and external organizations.
- Without appreciable direction exercises considerable latitude in determining ongoing technical support for project activities within areas such as Operations, Maintenance, Testing/diagnostics and Regulatory.
- Provides field engineering oversight and direction for activities such as support , testing, installation, inspections, commissioning etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from ABET accredited curriculum (or recognized equivalency).
- Demonstrated broad knowledge & proficiency in specialty area, knowledge of related specialties, & general knowledge of other related disciplines.
- 0+ years relevant engineering experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from ABET accredited curriculum (or recognized equivalency)
- Ability to demonstrate the unique technical skills and core competencies for this engineering level established & documented by the organization
- Ability to demonstrate the unique technical skills & core competencies for this engineering level established & documented by the organization.
- EIT/FE (Engineer in Training/Fundamentals of Engineering) preferred
- 2+year’s relevant engineering experience.
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Denver, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A