Website Xcel Energy
Under general direction, demonstrates complete understanding & wide application of engineering technical principle, theories, & concepts in the field. Independently determines & develops approaches to solutions. Receives technical guidance on complex problems; completed work reviewed for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- May lead small-medium, non-critical projects. Coordinate/leads critical projects or portions of projects (including phases such as research, design, equipment selection, procurement support, installation & commissioning), under the direction of a higher level engineer or supervisor.
- Work reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Supports the development of technical documentation (including but not limited to designs, testing, calculations, reports, standards, etc.)
- Utilizes & may assist with the development of procedures requiring a broad knowledge & proficiency in a specialty area & has a general knowledge of related disciplines.
- Uses & applies technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, & techniques to perform activities/assignments that may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials or methods & difficult coordination requirements.
- Works under the general direction of a higher level engineer or supervisor for routine engineering projects.
- Provide ongoing technical support for project activities within areas such as Operations, Maintenance, testing/diagnostics & Regulatory.
- May provide field engineering oversight &/or direction for activities such as commissioning, testing, inspections, etc.
- Under the direction of a higher level engineer/supervisor supports bid/evaluation processes including preparation of bid documents, completion of technical evaluations for proposals; provide recommendations for selection, etc. Partners & communicates with areas such as Supply Chain & Legal following appropriate processes.
- Demonstrated broad knowledge & proficiency in specialty area, knowledge of related specialties, & general knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Ability to demonstrate the unique technical skills & core competencies for this engineering level established and documented by the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from ABET accredited curriculum (or recognized equivalency). Electrical Engineering degree is preferred.
- Wind or Solar engineering experience preferred.
- 2+ years relevant engineering experience.
- EIT/FE (Engineer in Training/Fundamentals of Engineering) strongly preferred
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lubbock, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A