Website Xcel Energy
Project manage the development and execution of regulatory case filings in each jurisdiction in which Xcel Energy operates, including resource planning, facility certifications – new product offerings, rate cases, compliance and rulemaking proceedings to achieve results consistent with corporate business objectives. Prepares and sponsor testimony supporting Xcel positions.
- Advise all levels of management on case progression and recommend alternative strategies for processing cases. Identify potential outcomes of a particular strategy for management decision-making
- Initiate and coordinate negotiations when necessary to settle regulatory cases with involved parties.
- Manage all aspects of a regulatory case, including evaluation, preparation, processing, and implementation of regulatory case filings for electric, gas, and steam. Must be able to set out Xcel’s positions on specific case issues. The ability to perform multiple projects simultaneously is essential
- Manage and coordinate the preparation of regulatory testimony, exhibits, data requests, filing packages, rulemaking comments, and reports for filing with regulatory commissions. Responsible for maintaining compliance with case schedules. Direct interdisciplinary case teams to address case issues and solve problems.
- Identify and interpret complex issues arising in regulatory proceedings. Must have in-depth knowledge of regulatory laws, rules, policies and procedures along with precedent setting orders in multiple jurisdictions and must maintain current knowledge of regional and national trends in the regulatory arena.
- A minimum of five years experience in regulatory field preferred. Must be knowledgeable of existing and emerging competitive regulatory issues.
- BA/BS in Business or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience (6 years of experience in addition to the required 5 years may be considered in lieu of the degree).
- Use of PC software such as Excel and Word as required.
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A