Website Xcel Energy
The person filling this position must be self-motivated, work well with others and possess a positive attitude and commitment to work safely, provide quality customer service, create satisfaction and to work productively. In this challenging and rewarding position, the successful candidate must have a well-rounded knowledge of distribution primary feeders, transformer loading and fusing practices.
- A high awareness of safety and compliance with company safety rules is required at all times
- Must be capable of performing all aspects of electric distribution overhead, underground, construction, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Must be physically fit and able to lift objects up to 90 pounds, pass a physical examination and be able to perform strenuous physical labor under all types of conditions.
- Must have a Class A or B CDL
- Must be available for emergency call-outs as per a schedule.
- Completion of an approved apprentice line program is required or 5 years of progressive electric lineman experience.
- Must have effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Must successfully score on the Behavioral Assessment & Journeyman Assessment
- Position could possibly require travel for extended time periods
- Experience with bucket trucks, digger derricks, trenchers and groundwork with utility line crew required
- Must reside within 20 miles of the Plainview, TX service center.
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Plainview, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A