Website Xcel Energy
Responsible for accurate and timely manual meter readings of electric meters; record index into computerized handheld systems; report hazardous conditions, meter tampering and meter conditions, timely completion of assignments; assist in ensuring data integrity and customer satisfaction. Adheres to safety policies and practices and attends safety meetings.
- Maintain current meter location records and maps. Provide documentation to enhance route efficiencies.
- Responsible for the protection and maintenance of all assigned company equipment.
- Identifies and reports meter irregularities. Reports any safety hazards discovered at the customer’s premises. Adheres to department safety policies and practices in support of Xcel Energy’s commitment to safety
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reads and records electric meter indexes into computerized handheld systems.
- Must be able to walk and / or drive for extended periods of time through various terrains and withstand all types of weather conditions.
- Up to one (1) year of Meter Reading experience preferred.
- Selection criteria may include testing and /or assessment
- The applicant must be able to work a flexible work schedule with minimum supervision, be customer focused, and have good team work and communication skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Applicant should have a good working knowledge of the geographic area, especially with the under-standing of rural and oilfield locations in the area in which they are applying.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Roswell, NM, US
Application Deadline: N/A