Website Xcel Energy
Work directly with senior management to develop regulatory case filings and strategies that support the company’s strategic goals and objectives in our North Dakota jurisdiction. Consult with subject matter experts throughout the company to develop filings and strategies consistent with company goals.
- Responsible for the development, compilation and editing of regulatory case filings. Provide clear written explanations of complex issues.
- Applying regulatory experience, understand and identify key facts in order to develop effective messages.
- Responsible for ensuring documents created are concise and well-organized.
- Also responsible for ensuring these documents conform to the style, tone and formatting conventions as part of standardized, consistent approach to regulatory filings.
- Demonstrates technical expertise by maintaining a thorough understanding of the regulatory structure of Xcel Energy companies and the regulatory environment in which we operate.
- Responsible for advocating the company’s positions with regulators and stakeholders in a variety of forums (e.g. regulatory proceedings, administrative rulemakings, legislative hearings, etc.).
- Develop, compile and edit large, complex filings. Support multiple projects while delivering high quality work product. Ensure proper controls of documents are maintained; soliciting and screening feedback from stakeholders to incorporate as appropriate.
- Communicate (written and oral) regularly with senior management and internal customers to ensure awareness of current regulatory case filings and issues that impact the company.
- Work directly with senior management throughout the company to develop and promote regulatory and legislative policy positions.
- Work effectively with regulatory case management teams to ensure filings are consistent and production of work is efficient. Work and write in a time constrained environment.
- Regulatory experience in North Dakota preferred.
- Five to seven years or equivalent experience in regulatory field.
- Occasional overnight travel and extensive overtime required.
- Must be proficient in use MS Office Suite.
- Specific experience in dealing with regulatory filings required.
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fargo, ND, US
Application Deadline: N/A