Website Xcel Energy
The responsibility of this position is to function as the primary contact for future and existing customers by providing cost effective designs that balance customers’ needs in accordance with Company Delivery Services standards and administrative guidelines.
- Obtain permits and easements for facilities in accordance with city ordinances, state, federal, and county agencies as required.
- Execute contracts and agreements in compliance with administrative instructions and regulatory requirements.
- Promote a safe work environment and design a safe operating system while providing premier customer service.
- Support and promote Company safety programs, including monitoring public safety around Company Delivery facilities.
- Manage projects from initial customer contact through post project analysis.
- Establish and manage the construction work plan with construction forces in order to meet the customers’ schedule and design requirements as well as financial and budgetary requirements.
- Design facilities for new and existing customers according to Company Delivery Services construction standards and interpret administrative instructions for consistent and cost-effective designs.
- Provide distribution design project management for the least complex areas of design.
- Responsible for the generation of additional company revenue through contacts with new business or existing customers.
- Working knowledge of GIS design software, customer application software, SAP or other work management programs preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Associate technical degree or lineman certificate from an accredited school and one year of experience in design, construction, project management, customer service, communication, or related field experience OR
- Knowledge of construction standards, materials, and technical codes preferred.
- Ability to successfully complete established Skill-Based Training Program.
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Combination of education and experience providing equivalent job-related knowledge to provide exceptional customer satisfaction.
- Highly effective communication and innovative problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: La Crosse, WI, US
Application Deadline: N/A