Website Xcel Energy
Develop and execute sourcing category, supplier, and risk management strategies aligned with business priorities for key categories. Lead cross functional teams to drive successful project and category outcomes/results. Plan and lead competitive sourcing events using an enterprise-wide approach, incorporating external factors intelligence in support of category strategies.
- Develop risk management strategies and in conjunction with Legal and Security teams, apply understanding of underlying principles of contract law to administer all category contract agreements.
- In collaboration with business area management, manage and define the risk elements of the contract.
- Lead multiple strategic supplier performance, relationship and development management efforts focused on improving total cost of ownership, quality, delivery, and continuous improvement.
- Develop plans with suppliers that support business goals, drive continuous improvement, and promote collaboration to strengthen partnerships.
- Develop performance-based supplier scorecards. Monitor, document, and evaluate supplier performance. Lead the resolution of disputes with suppliers.
- Lead negotiations of commercial terms to establish contracts that support category strategies while meeting business requirements, including limits of liability and general terms & conditions.
- Review, analyze, verify, and negotiate contract changes or additional work orders. Monitor compliance across buying channel, supplier, and contract purchasing execution. Manage contractor claims to resolution and successfully minimize overall impact to cost and schedule. Ensure suppliers comply with contract terms and meet all commitments.
- Develop and communicate contract summary and implementation plans.
Develop and implement enterprise-wide category strategies to optimize cost and improve operations. Collaborate with business stakeholders to align business demands, category/contract strategy, and execution.
- Perform spend and cost analysis (e.g. total cost of ownership & should cost models).
- Develop category strategies to achieve maximum value capture. Complete supplier research and risk profiles.
- Monitor industry information, external factors, and trends to ensure category strategies align with best practices. In conjunction with logistics personnel, implement optimal inventory strategies.
- Negotiation and project management skills preferred.
- MBA as well as Certified Professional in Supply Chain Management (CPSM) or other supply chain certification preferred.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Required to attend meetings in various locations, up to 20% travel; driver’s license required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, business, or related technical/analytical field.
- Two years of contract formation knowledge and experience.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills are required.
- Requires five years of supply chain experience with focus in sourcing.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience (6 years of experience in addition to the required 5 years) may be considered in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- Proficiency in Microsoft® Office Suite and significant experience with purchasing and sourcing systems is required.
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Denver, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A