Website Xcel Energy
Participate in an econometrics, technical, statistical, and intuitive expert consulting group that gives technical expertise and support to multiple business units. Conduct routine as well as major load research and analytical proposals/projects and regulatory filings.
- Work with large databases that are generated by departmental and/or enterprise software. Respond to requests for analyses by business units and for regulatory filings. Help produce load research proposals, analyses, and summary reports to support various business unit objectives.
- Assist with the preparation of all major load research, analytics endeavors, and departmental load analysis responsibilities.
- Participate in the planning, design, and implement strategic load research projects.
- Prepare statistical analysis, reports, and actionable recommendations on the electric and gas load characteristics within the company’s entire multi-state service territories as input to rate cases, system planning, and compliance.
- Ensure that results of load studies are an accurate key input to rate class cost of service studies, pricing design, peak forecasting, DSM/load management program planning, transmission and distribution system planning, and power purchases.
- Able to handle multiple assignments with a high level of attention to detail.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in economics, engineering, mathematics, physics, quantitative analysis, business or a related discipline, or equivalent experience (two years professional related experience equivalent to one year of college), in addition to 3 years or more of electric utility or equivalent experience.
- Quantitative analysis skills and experience with or the ability to learn SAS, Python, R or similar analytics software platforms.
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Denver, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A