Website Xcel Energy
Coordinates the day-to-day activities, often of a very confidential and sensitive nature, of the Workforce Relations and EEO organization. Performs a wide variety of administrative and labor relations services, including coordination of labor salary increases and grievance processes.
- Design and administer office procedures, including digitization, plans and coordinates department meetings and activities. Evaluate and revise procedures as necessary to improve office efficiency.
- Identifies computer applications to perform required duties in the most effective manner such as statistical reports, tracking systems, presentations and word documents.
- Handles highly confidential matters. Takes action during Director’s and Consultants’ absences and exercises own initiative and judgment to ensure that matters requiring attention are referred to the delegated authority. Administers the department’s correspondence and other recordkeeping requirements.
- Create and generate reports regarding grievances, arbitrations, disciplines, investigations and Peer Group Resolution, performance measurements, budget performance, etc. Administers various labor reporting requirements, including seniority lists and annual wage adjustments for bargaining unit employees.
- Administers the Arbitration Process, which includes communicating both verbally and in writing with senior management, the local unions, attorneys, the American Arbitration Association and Federal Mediation and Conciliation Services. Gathers and prepares documents required for discovery requests for arbitrations often under strict time requirements.
- Support and participate in Workforce Relations and EEO teams by gathering and analyzing data. Also participates on other interdepartmental teams. Supports Workforce Relations, EEO and Employee Relations Consultants.
- 5 years of experience
- Associate’s degree or Professional Secretarial Certification (3 years of related experience may substitute for the degree/certificate)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Preferred)
- Knowledge of department operations and policies (Preferred)
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A