Website Xcel Energy
Responsible for directing the establishment and implementation of industry best practice performance strategy and standards for nuclear plant operations and maintenance from a fleet oversight perspective, assuring the safe, reliable and efficient operation of the plant within the constraints of applicable regulatory requirements, operating license, and the Quality Assurance Plan.
- Coaching and mentoring functional area managers and supervisors to fully assess and resolve problems and decision-making approaches in a manner that effectively transfers knowledge.
- Provide oversight of outage planning and outage execution. That means looking ahead in a forward thinking manner and anticipating potential problems / situations to generate preventative approaches to undesirable outcomes.
- Responsible to create strategies to drive performance improvement through fleet governance and oversight assisting senior management achieving targets and goals. Provide oversight and accountability through challenge boards and other means to improve performance.
- Review and take the lead to resolve performance deficiencies.
- Provide stakeholder communications such as INPO, NRC, Public Utility Commission, and the Corporation. Additionally, provide reviews to documents that represent the site to external stakeholders for completeness and accuracy.
- Maintains industry expertise and reviews new technology, best practices, emerging trends and / or regulation changes and develop strategies for the fleet.
- Provide oversight, observations, and accountability to the Training Programs; Additionally, on a periodic basis provide instruction as a leadership subject matter expert. Ensure proper plant staffing, including training and maintaining a qualified operating staff.
- Ten years of responsible power plant experience, to which a minimum of three years must be nuclear power plant experience.
- The ideal candidate is motivated, driven, ambitious, and enjoys learning
- A Senior Reactor Operator’s License or SRO Certification is preferred.
- This position may be expected to flex between multiple locations in Minnesota
- Background in business development is beneficial
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an engineering or scientific field generally associated with power production, or equivalent power production experience.
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A