Website Xcel Energy
Responsible for supporting corporate level applications spanning the enterprise. Work with customers, staff, vendors and other monitor customer requirements to assess impact to other data systems, and consider available alternatives solutions. Focus on improving business operational results and processes including design, development, integration and implementation of day-to-day processes, organization and technology solutions.
- This would include interaction with company and vendor led support issues.
- Monitor automated batch processing tools to ensure that all agreed Service Levels are met. Ensure the Problem and Escalation Management procedures are correctly followed and that all problems are recorded in the appropriate problem management tools.
- Anticipate, develop, and coordinate special projects in conjunction with IOC leadership. Determine and develop operational improvements, track results and ensure tangible improvements are documented and communicated.
- Provide support and coordination for Severity Incidents, to resolve communication issues related to resolving BDM led situations. As a member of the IOC operations team, answer daily calls for support related to IOC lead issues. Ensure resolutions and documentation requirements are followed in resolving issues and assigning the IOC incident to the proper area for Root Cause Analysis.
- Effectively use monitoring tools and respond to alerts that impact the environment with supervision.
- Assess, enhance and upgrade technical areas and work with system owners to address system issues and improve performance. Ensure system changes are incorporated and communicated effectively.
- Ensure all control center, emergency response, and dispatch processes, and administrative processes are followed and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Certifications (CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, MCSE, etc) are preferred.
- Proficient in the administration of Microsoft operating system and the Microsoft Office application suite.
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- Experience in Operations, process management, process improvement in I/T Operations
- Advanced knowledge of current PC technology, operating systems, applications, devices and networking (Wired /Wireless).
- Associate’s degree in business or related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with the following monitoring tools is preferred: Azure, ServiceNOW Ticketing System, Microsoft Office 365
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in PC hardware and software diagnostics, troubleshooting and repair.
- Ability to interpret user issues and accurately resolve complex IT issues
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A